We offer the entire guest house as a single unit for accommodation, for groups of between 6-14 guests, and generally from a 2-night to a 5-night stay.
Our base rates between R3100-R5200 per night on a self-catering basis, with the rates dependant upon whether these are weekend or weekday nights, and also whether the nights fall within peak period such long weekends, school holidays, the Easter weekend , and the December holiday period. We only price per night for the whole house and cottage and we do not split the booking between more than one group. On average, for 14 guests, this works out to an affordable R221 to R372 per night per person.
We provide quotations for each individual request, and welcome discussions on special needs and how we can be of assistance to you.
We provide special rates for five nights of more, and special mid-week rates, and also last-minute specials. Please contact us if you would like to be on the list for our specials.
We will also offer discounts for smaller groups as required.
Conference Rates – Full Board
Should you require to host a conference or a training course at Ondini, we can offer rates for full board including three meals per day and two teas per day starting at R770 per person per day, which includes accommodation on the night before the start of the conference / training, up to lunch on the last day, with the checkout in the morning of the last date of training.
These rates are based upon shared accommodation at Ondini. For a group of ten this can be accommodated comfortably and we offer this at rate of R7700 per day for midweek or weekend conferences. The menus are arranged in advance by consultation with your needs and where possible we can accommodate special dietary needs.
We can support up to 16 people at a time, using flexible format trapezoidal tables which can be configured in many ways for individuals, small groups, and boardroom style. As required, additional people can be accommodated at other local guest houses, at prices to be confirmed on a case by case basis.
Next to our conference/training room is our dining room, which has a unique terracotta floor and a large railway-sleeper, teak table.
Our conference facilities are cost-effective, and are highly suited for small groups who are wanting to save on their conference rates, and yet would like a perfect location – getting everyone out of the office in the city and into the country.
Courses and Workshops that we Offer
We also use the Ondini Conference Centre to run our own IT, Project Management, and Heritage Training, which includes our own trainer and course materials and should you be interested please let us know and we can schedule courses on a wide range of software development, web development, and project management modules using our own trainers. We run most courses on-demand, and we also schedule certain courses which are more popular. These courses can also be run on-site anywhere in the country.
Our courses include the following:
- computer programming using C#
- computer programming using PHP
- Prolog Programming for artificial intelligence applications
- database design and development using MySQL
- database design and development using Microsoft SQL Server (using the Express Edition for training)
- web design using HTML5 / CSS3 / Bootstrap
- computer literacy
- mathematics : preparing for your Grade 12 examination (winter school for scholars)
- project management principles : how to run small projects
- project administration : how to support projects
- project management practices : becoming a project manager
- collection management best practices for museums, galleries, libraries and archives using the Spectrum 5 world-wide best-practice model
- conservation of heritage objects
- project management for heritage
- storage management for heritage objects
- governance of heritage institutions
- digitisation of heritage, and the creation of digital repositories