We offer the entire guest house as a single unit for accommodation, for groups of between 6-14 guests, and generally from a 2-night to a 5-night stay.
Our rates are standard are between R2800-R4800 per night, self-catering, depending upon whether these are weekend or weekday, and also whether these are within peak period, including long weekends, schools holidays, and the December holiday period. This works out to an affordable R200 to R342 per person per night for 14 people.
We provide quotations for each individual request, and welcome discussions on special needs and how we can be of assistance to you.
We provide special rates for five nights of more, and special mid-week rates, and also last-minute specials. Please contact us if you would like to be on the list for our specials.
We will also offer discounts for smaller groups as required.
Conference Rates – Full Board
Should you require to host a conference at Ondini, using out facilities at our conference / training centre, we can offer rates for full board including 3 meals per day and 2 teas per day starting at R660 per person per day, which includes accommodation on the night before the start of the conference / training, up to lunch on the last day, with the checkout in the morning of the last date of training.
These rates are based upon shared accommodation at Ondini. For a group of 10 this can be accommodated comfortably and we offer this at rate of R6600 per day for midweek or weekend conferences. The menus are arranged in advance by consultation with your needs and where possible we can accommodate special dietary needs.
We can support up to 16 people at a time, using flexible format trapezoidal tables which can be configured in many ways for individuals, small groups, and boardroom style.
A data projector is available in addition to white boards and flip-charts.
Next to our conference/training room is our dining room, which has a unique terracotta floor and a large railway-sleeper, teak table.
Our conference facilities are cost-effective, and are highly suited for small groups who are wanting to save on their conference rates, and yet have a perfect location, and also get everyone out of the city and into the country.
IT, Project Management, and Heritage Courses Offered
We also use the Ondini Conference Centre to run our own IT, Project Management, and Heritage Training, which includes our own trainer and course materials and should you be interested please let us know and we can schedule courses on a wide range of software development, web development, and project management modules using our own trainers. We run most courses on-demand, and we also schedule certain courses which are more popular. These courses can also be run on-site anywhere in the country.
Our courses include the following:
- computer programming using C#
- computer programming using PHP
- Prolog Programming for artificial intelligence applications
- database design and development using MySQL
- database design and development using Microsoft SQL Server (using the Express Edition for training)
- web design using HTML5 / CSS3 / Bootstrap
- computer literacy
- mathematics : preparing for your Grade 12 examination (winter school for scholars)
- project management principles : how to run small projects
- project administration : how to support projects
- project management practices : becoming a project manager
- collection management best practices for museums, galleries, libraries and archives
- conservation of heritage objects
- project management for heritage
- storage management for heritage objects
- governance of heritage institutions
- digitisation of heritage, and the creation of digital repositories